Remember whenever you’re in a position to help someone, be glad and always do it… because that’s God answering someone else’s prayer through you. St. Barnabas students participated in “500 Minutes of Service” as a school. The grades worked together to assist with a number of local and international charities.
- Preschool collected $259.48 to send to the World Wildlife Foundation, Australia to “help the kangaroos get food,” and to the St. Vincent de Paul Society, Australia to help the displaced families.
- 2nd and 5th grades made 57 cards/letters/pictures for senior citizens at Bixby Knolls Towers, and 8 blankets for the homeless.
- Kinder and 8th grades made Valentine cards for Miller’s Children’s Hospital, Johns Hopkins Children’s Hospital in Baltimore, and Georgetown Children’s Hospital in Washington DC. They also made 3 prayer blankets for families in need of blessings.
- 1st and 7th grades had a Jump-A-Thon to benefit the Fund for the Retired Religious. Total to date is $600.00.. wow!
- 3rd and 6th grades made 136 sack lunches (peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cutie orange, and a granola bar) for Long Beach Rescue Mission. Each lunch had a nice handmade message of kindness.
- T-K and 4th grades made 100 sock kits of toiletries (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, etc.) for Long Beach Rescue Mission!
Our school is following the advice of Pope Francis. In a message to young men and women around the world he said that by helping those who are suffering, you can find “…a strength that can change the world. It is a revolution that can overturn the powerful forces at work in our world. It is the ‘revolution’ of service,”