St. Barnabas has both Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten programs.
Our licensed Preschool is for children who are at least 3 years of age and are potty trained. The focus of our program is social skills and readiness for school and is available as a full or part day program. The full day is 7:50 am to 2:50 pm Monday to Thursday and 7:50 am to 12:30 pm on Friday. The half day is 7:50 am to 12:30 pm daily.
For 2019/20 the tuition for preschool is $4,300 per child, with a non-refundable registration fee of $400. Each family also commits to a fundraising fee of $700. Please see the school for full details and payment options. 2020/2021 fees are being revised but are not yet finalized.
The curriculum includes:
- Phonics introduced with letter recognition and formation
- Math is introduced with number recognition and formation
- Gross and Fine motor skills are practiced continuously throughout the day
- Socialization and active play are encouraged as an integral part of the school day.
- Religion is introduced with age appropriate materials, prayers and discussions.
Daily activities include:
- Arrival and Outdoor Play
- Circle Time
- Story Time
- Indoor Activity
- Music & Movement
- Story Time
- Nap Time
St. Barnabas Preschool encourages positive reinforcement and supports the philosophy that natural consequence is the most developmentally appropriate way to foster positive behavior.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is for children who are 4 years old by September 1. It bridges the path between preschool and Kindergarten, providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned with Kindergarten standards. It is a full-day program (7:50 am to 2:50 pm Monday to Thursday and 7:50 am to 12:30 pm on Friday).