Home » Posts tagged 'main'
Tag Archives: main
SBS Student in action for the community.
St. Barnabas School (SBS) is a special place where students from pre-school through 8th grade are encouraged to learn and achieve through rigorous academics and heartfelt service to the community. Thoughtful teaching practices and personalized attention for every child mean that SBS graduates will be successful as they move onto high school and beyond.
SBS has been cultivating the next generation of leaders in Long Beach for over 70 years, by underscoring charitable service as much as academic achievement. SBS believes that children who are taught to make the community a better place, will grow to be caring, moral human beings. Through various school activities, SBS students lead at least six annual charitable initiatives, inspiring them to model Catholic values in their daily lives.
Your support of SBS is vital as it allows for capital improvements to the school, which might not otherwise be possible. Donations to the school can be made here:
|Due to the current situation, all ADLA schools will remain shuttered for the duration of the 2019-2020 school year. Distance Learning will continue for SBS students through June 5th (May 28th for the 8th graders).
We are now projecting a “back-in” date of August 17th as the start of the next school year.
If you have any questions please contact the School Office.
Applications for the 2020 / 2021 school year will be available at our Open House on Sunday, January 26 starting at 10:00 am.
In addition to providing a quality Catholic education aligned with the Archdiocesan and California State standards for our Preschool through 8th grade students, St. Barnabas School is proud to provide:
- Common Core instruction in Language Arts and Mathematics for grades TK through 8
- Spanish instruction for grades TK through 8.
- Advanced Math classes for grades 5 through 8.
- Daily classes in religious instruction. Weekly attendance at Mass, with special observance of the First Friday devotion. Bi-annual participation in the sacrament of Reconciliation. Weekly Sunday gospel preparation.
- Meet the Masters art appreciation program for grades Kindergarten through 8.
- Two multi-media centers including library materials and iPads/Laptops.
St. Barnabas School also offers its families:
- A safe campus with security camera access onto the property.
- Affordable Extended Day Care beginning at 6:30AM and ending at 6:00PM.
- Monthly School Family and class buddy activities.
- Hot lunches (with multiple entrée options) available for purchase daily.
- SchoolSpeak student information system provides parental access to students’ grades/attendance on-line, and sends school-wide and class specific announcements on a daily basis.
A variety of extra-curricular programs are available:
- Musical Theater Performance for TK – 8th
- Seasonal CYO Sports for boys and girls
- Just Dance! Dance class for boys and girls in TK – 8th
- Muzart musical instrument instruction
- VEX Robotics design, programming, and competition for 6th – 8th
- Active Boy and Girl Scout troops for K-8th
More information is available on our applications page
Our application is available in PDF form here: St. Barnabas Application Form
The school’s address is: 3980 Marron Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807
The office phone number is: (562) 424-7476
Congratulations to the St. Barnabas class of 2019! After 9 years together they will be going to many different high schools throughout the area including:
- St. John Bosco (3)
- St. Joseph High School (8)
- St. Anthony High School (2)
- California Academy of Math & Science (CAMS) (4)
- Long Beach Poly (CIC Program) (4)
- Sato Academy of Mathematics & Science (1)
- Long Beach Wilson High School (School of the Arts) (1)
- Long Beach Renaissance High School for the Arts (1)
Also congratulations to our class of 2015 who are graduating from their high schools and moving on join our graduates who are attending many different colleges and universities across the country including:
- The United States Military Academy at West Point
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Boston University
- Fordham University
- Santa Clara University
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- University of San Francisco
- Gonzaga University
- The New School
- Loyola Marymount University
- Chapman University
- San Diego State
- San Jose State
- Long Beach State