Home » Posts tagged 'main'
Tag Archives: main
I am happy to announce that SBS will be re-opening for T-K through 8th grades after Easter Vacation on April 13th!
T-K and Kinder will have orientation on Monday, March 29th. 1st and 2nd will come in on Tuesday, March 30th. 3rd, 4th, and 5th would come in on Wednesday, March 31st. 6th, 7th, and 8th will come in on Thursday, April 1st… (best April Fool’s Day EVER!) The orientation days are from 7:50am to Noon each day. The students will bring in their school supplies, get used to social distancing on campus, submit their school devices for cleaning during vacation, and get out the door safely. We will need to test drop-off and pick-up procedures to make sure we are not blocking traffic for the community. We need to test our health screening process for the kids to make sure everyone is safe. We need to practice mask usage and 6ft distancing… for obvious reasons.
After our orientations are complete, we will break for Easter Vacation (we are out at noon on 04/01/21 and return on TUESDAY, 04/13/21 at 7:50am). We will be ready for re-opening on the 13th!
The students who are electing to remain at home for the school year are very important to us too! We are investing in large screen TVs and projectors to make your students more visible in the classroom. The students at home will be able to interact with the teacher and their classmates via zoom. In regards to the orientation days listed above, at home learners will be able to zoom into the class for lessons, and then take their breaks when the on-campus students are training with procedures.
With much JOY,
Looking for our virtual open house? Feel free to come on by here:
SBS Student in action for the community.
St. Barnabas School (SBS) is a special place where students from pre-school through 8th grade are encouraged to learn and achieve through rigorous academics and heartfelt service to the community. Thoughtful teaching practices and personalized attention for every child mean that SBS graduates will be successful as they move onto high school and beyond.
SBS has been cultivating the next generation of leaders in Long Beach for over 70 years, by underscoring charitable service as much as academic achievement. SBS believes that children who are taught to make the community a better place, will grow to be caring, moral human beings. Through various school activities, SBS students lead at least six annual charitable initiatives, inspiring them to model Catholic values in their daily lives.
Your support of SBS is vital as it allows for capital improvements to the school, which might not otherwise be possible. Donations to the school can be made here:
Applications for the 2020 / 2021 school year will be available at our Open House on Sunday, January 26 starting at 10:00 am.
In addition to providing a quality Catholic education aligned with the Archdiocesan and California State standards for our Preschool through 8th grade students, St. Barnabas School is proud to provide:
- Common Core instruction in Language Arts and Mathematics for grades TK through 8
- Spanish instruction for grades TK through 8.
- Advanced Math classes for grades 5 through 8.
- Daily classes in religious instruction. Weekly attendance at Mass, with special observance of the First Friday devotion. Bi-annual participation in the sacrament of Reconciliation. Weekly Sunday gospel preparation.
- Meet the Masters art appreciation program for grades Kindergarten through 8.
- Two multi-media centers including library materials and iPads/Laptops.
St. Barnabas School also offers its families:
- A safe campus with security camera access onto the property.
- Affordable Extended Day Care beginning at 6:30AM and ending at 6:00PM.
- Monthly School Family and class buddy activities.
- Hot lunches (with multiple entrée options) available for purchase daily.
- SchoolSpeak student information system provides parental access to students’ grades/attendance on-line, and sends school-wide and class specific announcements on a daily basis.
A variety of extra-curricular programs are available:
- Musical Theater Performance for TK – 8th
- Seasonal CYO Sports for boys and girls
- Just Dance! Dance class for boys and girls in TK – 8th
- Muzart musical instrument instruction
- VEX Robotics design, programming, and competition for 6th – 8th
- Active Boy and Girl Scout troops for K-8th
More information is available on our applications page
Our application is available in PDF form here: St. Barnabas Application Form
The school’s address is: 3980 Marron Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807
The office phone number is: (562) 424-7476
Congratulations to the St. Barnabas class of 2020! After 9 years together they will be going to many different high schools throughout the area including:
- St. Joseph High School (4)
- St. Anthony High School (11)
- Santa Margarita High School (1)
- Cristo Rey St. Viator College Prep High School (1)
- California Academy of Math & Science (CAMS) (2)
- Long Beach Poly (CIC Program) (1)
- Sato Academy of Mathematics & Science (4)
- Long Beach Wilson High School (1)
- Long Beach McBride High School (1)
- Norwalk High School (1)
Also congratulations to our class of 2016 who are graduating from their high schools and moving on join our graduates who are attending many different colleges and universities across the country including:
- The United States Military Academy at West Point
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Boston University
- Fordham University
- Santa Clara University
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- University of San Francisco
- Gonzaga University
- The New School
- Loyola Marymount University
- Chapman University
- San Diego State
- San Jose State
- Long Beach State