Home » Uncategorized (Page 2)
Category Archives: Uncategorized
After much effort (and a few discoveries about our main power feed), we’re pleased to announce that the new air conditioning system has been completed!
As part of the project, the school’s main power is also being upgraded, which will come in handy to support our goal of one child – one device, starting in the 2017/18 school year.
Each year the school hosts Back to School nights to inform parents of any changes to the school and pass on important information. This year they will be held in the Parish Hall:
- For Preschool to 3rd Grade – Tuesday, August 29th
- New Parent Orientation: 6:30 pm
- Back to School Night: 7:00 pm
- For 4th to 8th Grade – Wednesday, August 30th
- New Parent Orientation: 6:30 pm
- Back to School Night: 7:00 pm
The first day of the 2018/19 school year will be Monday, August 20th. There will be a modified schedule first day of school, we start at 7:50 am, early dismissal at 12:30 pm. Parents are welcome to join us for coffee and doughnuts in the Parish Hall to celebrate the start of the school year.
Our student-run Green Team, “Give Green a Chance,” works hard to keep our campus clean and litter free. We have an active recycling program where we raise money through the collection of bottles and cans on the church and school grounds. We encourage all of our students to be good stewards of the environment and to do their part.
St. Barnabas School is pleased to announce that we’re going to start offering lunch orders from YumClub
YumClub’s mission is to provide students and parents with healthy food choices from restaurants they know and trust. YumClub allows schools to bring their students local restaurant meals, meeting state and federal guidelines for school lunches. All menu options are nutritionist certified, affordable and exceed dietary guidelines for today’s youth. At YumClub we help communities support each otherby contracting only with local restaurants within a 2-5 mile radius of each school. We believe in helping each other and building strong relationships within communities.
YumClub’s ordering and payment will be handled on-line via their website.
The 2016 Spring Event and performances of The Lion King JR will be held April 21, 22 and 23 at Saint Joseph High School in Lakewood. Our April 23 Dinner Theater is SOLD OUT but tickets are still available for Thursday, April, 21 and Friday April, 22. Tickets can be purchased at www.biddingforgood.com/sbsevent. Click on the ‘Order Tickets’ button on the right hand side in the ‘Live Event’ section.
Please visit and support our first ever OnLine Auction!! From April 10th to April 20th, you can place bids on a wonderful collection of items including dining, gift cards, sports tickets and unique experiences. Go to www.biddingforgood.com/sbsevent and click on ‘View All Items’ on the left hand side of our home page to preview a list of auction items. Continue to check back as items will be periodically updated. The online auction opens at 9am on April 10th.
Your support of the Simonetti Family Education Fund will enable us to make technology upgrades to our classrooms. Click on ‘Donate’ on the right hand side of our home page at www.biddingforgood.com/sbsevent.
Cash raffle tickets now available in the school office!
1st prize – $2,000, 2nd prize – $500 and 3rd prize – $250
Winners will be drawn on Saturday night, April 23rd.
For further information, please contact Maggie Gisel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting the school’s largest fundraiser of the year!
Disney’s The Lion King Jr. is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Music Theater International. 421 West 54th St., NY, NY 10019; Phone: 212-541-4684; Fax: 212-397-4684 http://www.MTIShows.com
Applications for the 2020 / 2021 school year will be available at our Open House on Sunday, January 26 starting at 10:00 am.
In addition to providing a quality Catholic education aligned with the Archdiocesan and California State standards for our Preschool through 8th grade students, St. Barnabas School is proud to provide:
- Common Core instruction in Language Arts and Mathematics for grades TK through 8
- Spanish instruction for grades TK through 8.
- Advanced Math classes for grades 5 through 8.
- Daily classes in religious instruction. Weekly attendance at Mass, with special observance of the First Friday devotion. Bi-annual participation in the sacrament of Reconciliation. Weekly Sunday gospel preparation.
- Meet the Masters art appreciation program for grades Kindergarten through 8.
- Two multi-media centers including library materials and iPads/Laptops.
St. Barnabas School also offers its families:
- A safe campus with security camera access onto the property.
- Affordable Extended Day Care beginning at 6:30AM and ending at 6:00PM.
- Monthly School Family and class buddy activities.
- Hot lunches (with multiple entrée options) available for purchase daily.
- SchoolSpeak student information system provides parental access to students’ grades/attendance on-line, and sends school-wide and class specific announcements on a daily basis.
A variety of extra-curricular programs are available:
- Musical Theater Performance for TK – 8th
- Seasonal CYO Sports for boys and girls
- Just Dance! Dance class for boys and girls in TK – 8th
- Muzart musical instrument instruction
- VEX Robotics design, programming, and competition for 6th – 8th
- Active Boy and Girl Scout troops for K-8th
More information is available on our applications page
Our application is available in PDF form here: St. Barnabas Application Form
The school’s address is: 3980 Marron Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807
The office phone number is: (562) 424-7476
SBS alumnus Monica Hernandez visited the 2nd grade class at St. Barnabas School last month where she was interviewed by ABC Eyewitness News for their “Cool Kid” program recognizing outstanding service.
You can see the segment here: ABC Cool Kids
Congratulations to the St. Barnabas class of 2019! After 9 years together they will be going to many different high schools throughout the area including:
- St. John Bosco (3)
- St. Joseph High School (8)
- St. Anthony High School (2)
- California Academy of Math & Science (CAMS) (4)
- Long Beach Poly (CIC Program) (4)
- Sato Academy of Mathematics & Science (1)
- Long Beach Wilson High School (School of the Arts) (1)
- Long Beach Renaissance High School for the Arts (1)
Also congratulations to our class of 2015 who are graduating from their high schools and moving on join our graduates who are attending many different colleges and universities across the country including:
- The United States Military Academy at West Point
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Boston University
- Fordham University
- Santa Clara University
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- University of San Francisco
- Gonzaga University
- The New School
- Loyola Marymount University
- Chapman University
- San Diego State
- San Jose State
- Long Beach State