Please join us on Sunday, January 29th for St. Barnabas School’s annual Open House.The classrooms and school building will be open from 10:00AM to 1:00PM. Check in at the school office for a guided tour with one of our school parents and student council member.
If you are interested in a guided tour of the school, please follow this link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/68WT3Q3
We also have a brochure for you to review and share: St. Barnabas Open House
Each class will highlight our academic excellence through assignments, projects, and displays as well as featuring examples of our strong Catholic Identity. Our teachers will be available to answer questions about the curriculum and school standards. Talk to our student council members about the many community service opportunities offered at St. Barnabas School. Let us show you how we live the Catholic School motto of Faith, Knowledge, and Service!
In addition to providing a quality Catholic education aligned with the Archdiocesan and California State standards for our Preschool through 8th grade students, St. Barnabas School is proud to provide:
- Common Core instruction in Language Arts and Mathematics for grades TK through 8
- Spanish instruction for grades TK through 8.
- Advanced Math classes for grades 5 through 8.
- Daily classes in religious instruction. Weekly attendance at Mass, with special observance of the First Friday devotion. Bi-annual participation in the sacrament of Reconciliation. Weekly Sunday gospel preparation.
- Meet the Masters art appreciation program for grades Kindergarten through 8.
- Two multi-media centers including library materials and iPads/Laptops.
St. Barnabas School also offers its families:
- A safe campus with security camera access onto the property.
- Affordable Extended Day Care beginning at 6:30AM and ending at 6:00PM.
- Monthly School Family and class buddy activities.
- Hot lunches (with multiple entrée options) available for purchase daily.
- SchoolSpeak student information system provides parental access to students’ grades/attendance on-line, and sends school-wide and class specific announcements on a daily basis.
A variety of extra-curricular programs are available:
- Musical Theater Performance for TK – 8th
- Seasonal CYO Sports for boys and girls
- Just Dance! Dance class for boys and girls in TK – 6th
- Muzart musical instrument instruction
- Digital Revolution technology enhancement classes for 1st – 5th
- VEX Robotics design, programming, and competition for 6th – 8th
- Active Boy and Girl Scout troops for K-8th
More information is available on our applications page
Our application is available in PDF form here: St. Barnabas Application Form
Note: Applications can’t be accepted until the Open House on January 31st.
The school’s address is: 3980 Marron Ave., Long Beach, CA 90807
The office phone number is: (562) 424-7476
If you are considering transferring to St. Barnabas Parish School during the 2016/17 year please contact the school office to see about availability and to get a tour of the school.